To record an expense in Nutcache, head to the Expense module and click the +Expense button.
From the expense module, you're able to:
- create a new expense
- apply a payment against the expense
- attach an image of the receipt
- add comments related to the expense
To create an expense, complete the following fields:
- Expense number. You can set a specific numbering for the expense (for example: EXP2017-001) and Nutcache will continue the number sequence automatically (this field is required).
- Expense date (this field is required).
- Member. From the list, select the member tied to the expense (this field is required).
- Date due (this field is required).
- Project. From the list, select the project tied to the expense.
- Billable. Select this option if you plan to rebill back the expense to your client.
- Supplier. From the list, select the supplier related to the expense.
- Category. Choose an appropriate category for the item/service you paid for.
- Description. Add details about this purchase.
- Subtotal. Enter the total amount of the Expense (without tax).
- +Tax. If the expense is taxable, select the applicable sales tax from the list.
+Manual tax entry. Use this option to enter a sales tax manually.
Once you're done completing all the fields, click the Save button. You will then have access to all the tabs and options.